Learn all about developing a successful conference panel!
I will be moderating “From CFP to Publication: Developing a Successful Conference Panel” at the 2018 meeting of the Modern Language Association, Saturday, January 6, 2018, 10:15 AM to 11:30 AM, in Hilton Concourse E.
This forum hosts scholars, writers, and editors from various backgrounds with significant experience in the successful planning, promotion, and execution of numerous conference panels at MLA and other major language and literature conventions.
Questions are encouraged: audience members will have the opportunity to discuss their ideas for convention panels, how to network through these panels, and how to pursue publishing opportunities. (And you can use this advice to propose your own conference sessions, such as for the 2019 meeting of the Northeast MLA in Washington, DC.)
Thanks to the Regional MLAs, especially the Northeast MLA, for assistance organizing this session. And a special thank you to the MLA Office of the Executive Director for supporting this session.
Tweet questions before or during the forum with the hashtags #S533 #MLA18 or tweet @dereksmcgrath.
Below is our set of speakers–and we look forward to meeting our audience!
- Carine M. Mardorossian, University at Buffalo
- Laurence D. Roth, Susquehanna University
- Simona Wright, College of New Jersey
- Brandi So, Stony Brook University
- Daniela D’Eugenio, Vanderbilt University
- Derek McGrath, University at Buffalo
- Amanda Caleb, Misericordia University
- Randy Laist, Goodwin College